Visitors and Volunteers
The Federation welcomes visitors and volunteers into our schools. Visitors and volunteers bring with them a wealth of skills and experience that can enhance the learning opportunities of the children.
- We have a clear guide for volunteers in school and all volunteers undertake an induction with a senior member of staff
- All volunteers are DBS checked in addition they complete the relevant application form and should provide two references
- All volunteers who do not come into school regularly (e.g. open days, parent workshops) are supervised by a member of staff at all times
- All work experience students are supervised by a member of staff and the relevant checks completed, including the Federation induction plan which is shared with the student
- All key documents with regards to safeguarding and child protection are required to be read and acknowledged by our regular volunteers
- All visitors are required to report to the main reception on arrival where they are met by members of the office staff and are asked to sign in
- All visitors are supervised by a member of staff
- All visitors are required to wear a school visitors lanyard
For further information please see our Visitors and Volunteers policy.