Make Your Own Play Dough
2 and a ½ cups of plain flour
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ a cup of salt
2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
2 cups of boiling water (you can use cold water but it will be crumbly)
You can also add dried herbs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, food colouring etc
a bowl and a spoon
Follow this method
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar, herbs and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the boiling water; PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ADULT DOES THIS PART.
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky combined dough.
- Take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until the stickiness has gone (this activates the cream of tartar.
- If your dough is still too sticky add a small amount of flour
Enjoy your dough, roll it, flatten it and make lots of wonderful things.