Federation School Improvement Priorities for 2023-2024
The last few years have been a challenge for us all. The impact of COVID cannot be denied, however, we believe the nursery schools are well equipped to identify and address the disruption and meet the changing needs of our pupils and families.
We believe that our curriculum ‘Responding to Process’ will enable our pupils to become competent, confident learners and communicators and that our approach to teaching and learning will provide children with the essential knowledge and skills that will help them to cope with uncertainty and make the most of opportunities as and when they are presented.
Our motto ‘Precious Moments Today, Creative Children Tomorrow’ fundamentally embodies our pedagogy, our beliefs and practice and our values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as creative, confident, capable and above all else happy citizens.
As part of our ongoing school development we have identified the following key priorities for 2019-2020.
Equalities and inclusion apply to all children and families
To ensure all children feel included and valued in a positive and supportive environment which meets their needs and enables them to thrive.
- Improved outcomes for all pupils because children reach their potential.
- All children and their families will be valued.
- A warm, welcoming and supportive environment for all children.
- Positive relationships between children and adults.
- All children will be provided with equal opportunities to participate and learn.
- Promoting equality and tackling discrimination.
- Increased educator confidence in defining inclusion across the Federation
Health and Wellbeing of the Community
To strengthen emotional resilience across the Federation community so that educators and children are better able to manage stress, challenges, trauma or adversity that life brings and bounce back from it.
Children and staff
- are more confident, curious and adaptable to the world around them.
- Successful implementation of the wellbeing toolkit.
- embrace new learning opportunities and improve academic attainment.
- feel, express and manage positive and negative emotions.
- form and maintain good relationships with others.
- Are better at solving problems
- Believe in themselves and their abilities
To develop leadership further at all levels, ensuring all leaders have effective support in place to ensure that the nursery can be sustainably managed and future proof.
- The LA, Governors and SLT will have an effective recovery plan in place.
- Improved outcomes for children
- A happy, safe and stimulating environment where everyone is encouraged to be resilient, collaborative, resourceful and thoughtful.
- Leaders of learning